Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Joe Middleton
Job Location: Ontario
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 Per Annum
Our client, a reputable & growing business, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team.
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll be responsible for processing the firm’s payroll across all offices, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time while complying with all federal and provincial legislation.
You’ll provide specialist-level support to the Payroll department in all aspects of payroll processing and employee pay such as onboarding, position changes, statutory leaves, sick leave etc. to ensure that they are remunerated properly. You will also review payroll processes to identify improvements.
You’ll be the first point of contact for payroll for all employee inquiries and any salary changes, overpayments and advances, and Records of Employment.
As a Payroll Specialist, your main responsibilities will be:
* Processing salary/hourly semi-monthly payrolls accurately and on time
* Preparation of year end activities including T-4s, government assessments, and reconciliations
* Calculating all statutory remittances and manual payments when required
* Maintaining accurate employee records
* Ensuring employee benefits are commenced on time and audited regularly
* Ensuring compliance with all provincial and CRA legislation and other legal requirements
* Maintaining relationships employees and being their first point of contact to quickly resolve any payroll issues
* Continually supporting quality improvement initiatives to streamline, automate and document processes;
To be a successful Payroll Specialist, you’ll require:
* Post-secondary diploma/degree related to Payroll or equivalent related education
* Minimum 3-4 years’ direct experience in a senior Payroll position
* Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association program is required.
* Knowledge & experience of a large payroll system and understanding of payroll and benefits
* Extensive knowledge of governing Employment Standards legislation in Ontario
* Advanced knowledge of Excel (V-lookup and pivot tables)
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* High attention to detail and ability to meet tight timelines
Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce is advantageous.
Hybrid working available. arrangement will be in place for this role, with a requirement to work in the office.